Do any of these sound like your thoughts or conversations?
- “The business relies on this old Notes application, but we have nobody who can maintain it for us.”
- “We’re migrating to Office 365, but we have no idea what we’re going to do with our Notes data and applications.”
- “Our Domino server is at capacity, but we can’t just delete stuff because we need that data.”
- “That database is mahoosive! Surely we can archive it somehow?”
- “I can’t face opening that view, it will take hours to index.”
- “We need to integrate that Notes application with our other applications, and do it all on mobile devices while we’re at it.”
- “All our servers are moving to the cloud. So, what about the Domino server that only one division uses: why isn’t that in the cloud too?”
- “The users constantly struggle to find the data they need in that old application. I daren’t turn on full text searching on it — the server can’t cope.”
- “We need to retain that old data for compliance, but we really don’t want those servers clogging up our server racks any more.”
- “We tried migrating applications to SharePoint, but it’s far too complex and expensive so they’re still on Domino.”
If so, we need to talk.