Continuing our series where we talk about our preferred code editor
A lot has been said, written, and ranted, about programming editors and IDEs over the years. Allow us to add to the noise.
It’s Matt’s turn this week to talk about his choice, VS Code…
- Beautify which tidies up code for you.
- Docker for working with container-ising your application.
- JSON Tools useful utilities for working with JSON.
I’ve got others, but I feel like I’m going on a little too much about VS Code 😃
But I also thought it would be good to mention the other place I spend a lot of my time, and that’s Chrome. Just a plain install is great for the web developer, but once you add some extensions, it becomes truly useful.
The ones I can’t live without are…
- 1Password - my password manager of choice
- Full Page Screen Capture - which takes a screenshot of a full web page even when it’s too tall for the browser
- Browserstack - for testing different browsers
- React Developer Tools - React is my chosen front end framework these days and these tools are really useful
- EditThisCookie - cookies are a necessary evil of web development, this tool lets you manage them
- Show me the styles! - a relatively new addition to my suite, it lets you select an element on a page and shows you useful information about it
So these are some of my every day development tools. What are some of yours?