Engage 2017 Wrapup

Theo does such an amazing job organising this event every year that it gets difficult to work out what to praise most. As ever, the venue was magnificent, as were the sessions, speakers, sponsors, number of attendees. It’s nice to be able to go to an event that is so reliably well run. Engage 2017 Pics For LDC Via, this was our third year as a sponsor, and our best yet. We had some really great conversations with people. Speed sponsoring, especially, was a highlight. Normally there’s a gradual drop off in the number of people doing each iteration of the presentation, but a remarkable number stayed until the end. Poor old Ben deserved the beers that were constantly in hand while he did the presentation 23 times!

Another great thing was the number of new attendees for the event. We had a similarly large number of new faces come and visit the stand. So remember, if you have any questions about LDC Via, please do contact us.

Otherwise, we’re already looking forward to the 2018 version of Engage, wherever it may be.

Engage is coming

In just four weeks LDC Via will be heading to this year’s Engage event. Over the years, Theo and his team have set themselves a high bar in terms of the quality of sessions and the amazing venues he finds. 2017 promises to be just as good as we have come to expect.

From an LDC Via point of view, we’re very happy to be sponsoring the event for the third year. We’d love for you to come and visit our stand to talk all things app dev, including application migration and modernisation. You’ll also have the chance to win one of our giveaways; we’re doing something a little different this year.

Of course, it wouldn’t be a User Group event without one of us speaking. This year, the honours fall to our resident Champion Mark Myers. He’ll be presenting a new session: “Choose your own adventure: Update/Convert/Replace” at 13:30 on Tuesday in Room C (Gorilla 3).

IBM Connect goes to the pub: a wee summary

Many thanks to everyone who turned up to our wee soirée on Tuesday night, IBM Connect goes to the pub.

We all had a jolly time in The Castle, Farringdon watching the IBM Connect OGS whilst drinking beer and munching on chips and the like. We even had pretzel cookies courtesy of our very own Matt!

o2 wifi was not the best, but three and Vodafone tethering did the trick, and we were able to stream pretty much all of both sessions from San Francisco. Good fun!

A reminder: IBM Connect goes to the pub

Just a reminder that we are hosting a wee IBM Connect goes to the pub event next week, and would love to see you in London for free beer, chat, and the IBM Connect OGS.

We’ve set up a registration page here, just so that we know who’s going to come along. See you next week!

IBM Connect goes to the pub

IBM Connect is moving home, and for the first time in many moons, the LDC Via team will not be attending. But that doesn’t mean we won’t be paying attention.

We didn’t want to miss the OGS, and thought you might be interested in watching along with us. To that end, like Sham 69, we’re going down the pub and we’d like you to join us, have a beer and maybe some chat about whatever gets announced.

We’ve set up a little registration page, just so that we know who’s going to come along, we’d love to see you there.